Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Personal Space Response

A Day With My Cats
     I opened the door to the pet’s room, wanting to read while watching my three cats.  I looked over to my left after entering, and saw Sugar on her brown fluffy circular bed, on top of the big grey blanket all of my cats beds were on.  Sugar was a three month old grey tabby, and was really playful when she wasn't tired.  
    Maverick, West’s cat, who was five months old and a black tabby, was sitting on the windowsill, watching the birds outside at the bird feeder on my right.  A cool breeze came from the open window, and felt good in the slightly stuffy room.  I sat down in the purple lawn chair we kept in there by the window, and caught sight of Sunny coming out of the big blue litter box by the opposite wall, which had another window, showing our driveway and silver minivan.
    I pulled Maverick onto my lap and saw Sugar using the scratching post close to her bed.  It acted like their best friend; they loved to use it, especially because when they scratched it, they could smell the sweet, savory smell of catnip which was sprinkled on it.
    Sugar then drank some water from our self filling water bowl, and ate out of her bowl.  She had a blue plastic one, Sunny’s was clear pyrex, and Maverick’s was white with goldfish all over it.  
    I read my book awhile, while my kitties played with their toys and play fought, and then went out and left them to their playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment