Sunday, October 21, 2012

Me and Santiago’s Stories Compared

 
Santiago’s Story
 
I started out simple
As a shepherd, but then
A dream changed my course
And that’s where my story begins
 
I traveled to Tangier
Where I was robbed
So I worked at a crystal shop
For almost a year, which was so long
 
I earned much commision
And traveled in a caravan
Across the desert to an oasis
With an alchemist (an Englishman)
 
At the oasis
I met Fatima, whom I wanted for a wife
But traveled to Egypt, after much thought
With the Alchemist, a wise man who knew much of life
 
I then reached the pyramids
But a gang beat me up
Talked of dreams of treasure
So I went back to the Sycamore tree, and dug my treasure up!


Sierra’s Story
I started life in Texas
And then we moved here
Trinidad School’s small, and though I love it all
Texas is still always near
 
I’ll take a trip to France some day
In many years yet to come
I’ll be there for many hours, and see the Eiffel Tower
But for now I learn some French from my mom
 
Next I’ll move to South California
Near the ocean, and the Sun
I’ll become a vet, that’s my personal legend’s bet
And have a lot of fun
 
Then I’ll find a husband
Have two kids, a boy and girl
we’ll live together, forever and ever
with the years going by in a whirl
 
Lastly I’ll see the wonders of the world
Many monuments, mountains, and more
I’ll hang glide, and have a nice ride
And everything, I will adore






No comments:

Post a Comment