Monday, April 22, 2013

Aren't I a Good Thing?


I have seen people swallowed up by water
The precious moment of life or death
The power of strength
Weakening, Crumbling and Collapsing down
The craziness conquering one
From happiness
To fear


I wind my waves to the confused moments

Because that's when one needs me most

When one is scared
Yes, it is shameful
To give myself to people
But I help, and keep one thriving
Or they would not act the same

I’d rather be Bravery
And give people the courage they need
But I do
I am giving, because
Don't people need adrenaline?
When they are in terror
No matter what that might be

I know how to use myself
And to be where people need me most
Among the frightened,
From a dark night,
When you suddenly swerve
To
A sunny yellow day
But then the sharp sound of a gunshot
I suddenly come out
And with me, they keep fighting

I say nothing, but with me
They know what to do
Because with me
It's the only way they can overcome
Or they would stop their struggle
So aren't I a good thing?


3 comments:

  1. I Like it! WHAT IS IT??!! IS it fear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great sense of rhythm and were to put line breaks. How could you add more specific imagery to make your abstract noun come alive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it♥. great imagery sierra☻

    ReplyDelete